Monday, January 26, 2009

Coping...

As I write this, I am sitting in my room with my feet scrunched up on my chair…not because it is more comfortable to sit this way, because it is most definitely not. My legs don’t really fit and I’m sure I look ridiculous, but yet, I am doing it anyway. You see, I just found a scorpion in my room. And after an unsuccessful attempt to kill him, I lost him somewhere in my room. That should make for a fun find one of these days!
But until I find him or until I forget that he is somewhere loose in my room, I am keeping my feet off the floor. Illogical? Yes. Necessary? No. Am I doing it anyway? Most definitely. I have come to the conclusion that sometimes the ways we choose to cope with our fears, while not healthy as long-term solutions, are the very things that keep us in uncomfortable situations when we would prefer to run away…or at least run screaming for my roommate to come help me search the room and kill the scorpion for me. Come to think of it, perhaps I’ll go do that now…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you found and dispatched that unwelcome guest. As roommates go, I suspect scorpions would be testy. Nancy